5/26/13

Keeping Calm and Embracing my natural hair !!

One of the hardest things I have struggled with was to walk out my house with out blow drying and/or straightening my hair. Finally at the age of 24 (now) I threw that fear away. And to my surprise..........I love it. I feel good, I feel light, I feel confident. Considering I do live in a almost 90% Caucasian town (not bad at all) I will receive some questions from my friends.

"did you cut your hair" ?
"wow is that real" ?

To my surprise my customers loved my hair, my friends told me they actually prefer my natural hair over my pressed/blow dried hair. I can't believe it. Considering how hard this was for me. All I had to do was be myself. I read this quote recently that says "black girls hair problem is that they think their hair is a problem". That hits home hard. Why did I ever find it a problem ? I shouldn't be ashamed of what I was born with. It's kinky, tight, super curly, feels good and light and I will wear this with a proud force.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel special
when you leave a comment